Leeds Double Decker
If you want to visit a city in the United Kingdom that has retained its Victorian architectural heritage, but is still bustling with contemporary activities, Leeds is the place to go. Leeds is the very spirit of urban development, which has helped Leeds transform into a modern city seeped in creativity.
Leeds offers something for everyone, and the Hop On and Hop Off tour has an itinerary that makes sure that it includes sufficient stops that will suit various different tastes and budgets. With thirteen planned locations on the route, you can Hop On and Hop Off at any stop that appeals to you, which you can explore at your own pace, as a bus leaves each stop after a designated period of time to ensure that you do not miss out on anything on your visit to Leeds.
Some of the highlights of this exciting Hop On and Hop off tour of Leeds are listed below:
- You should definitely hop off at the Royal Armouries museum which is the home base for the national collection of arms and armour of the entire United Kingdom. There are a lot of fun events that take place here throughout the year as well, so if one is happening at the time of your visit, be sure to check it out.
- Visit the tourist hotspot Brewery Wharf, where you can find an eclectic mix of independent, retro shops, restaurants, buildings and businesses based on the Leeds waterfront, situated within the very heart of the city.
- Visit the Leeds Shopping Plaza and the Light Shopping Centre to find a location where you can buy yourself souvenirs, gifts for others and some major shopping for yourself from a wide variety of chain stores within the complex.
- If you are on the hunt for something grand, most Up-market stores, restaurants and cafes are located at Briggate, where you can bask in the luxury and refinement of the items available for retail.
- Visit the Kirkgate Market, which is the largest undercover market in the country, which has stalls set up by over eight hundred traders selling everything imaginable under the sun, which are incredibly fun to shop from.
- Visit the Varieties Music Hall if you are a fan of music and nightlife, as Leeds has a lot to offer when it comes to fine dining and an electric nightlife.