Best bus tours in the Middle East
In the Middle East, several destinations offer bus tours that showcase the region’s rich history, cultural heritage, and modern developments. Here are some of the best bus tours in the Middle East:
- Dubai, UAE: Dubai’s bus tours provide glimpses of the city’s modern skyline, including the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Marina, Palm Jumeirah, and the historic Bastakiya district. Tours often include desert safaris, dhow cruises along Dubai Creek, and visits to traditional souks.
- Abu Dhabi, UAE: Abu Dhabi’s bus tours cover landmarks such as the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Emirates Palace, Corniche, and the cultural district of Saadiyat Island. Visitors can also explore the Louvre Abu Dhabi and Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
- Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem’s bus tours take visitors to religious sites sacred to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, including the Western Wall, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Dome of the Rock, and the Mount of Olives. Tours often include visits to Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial and the Dead Sea.
- Cairo, Egypt: Cairo’s bus tours explore ancient wonders such as the Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, and Islamic Cairo’s historic mosques and bazaars. Visitors can also take Nile River cruises to see Cairo’s skyline from the water.
- Petra, Jordan: Petra’s bus tours allow visitors to explore the ancient Nabatean city carved into rose-colored sandstone cliffs. Highlights include the Treasury, Monastery, and Royal Tombs, as well as hikes through the surrounding desert landscape.
- Muscat, Oman: Muscat’s bus tours cover attractions like the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Royal Opera House, Muttrah Souq, and the Al Jalali and Al Mirani forts. Tours often include visits to picturesque coastal areas like Qurum Beach and Al Bustan Palace.
- Istanbul, Turkey: Istanbul’s bus tours span two continents, covering landmarks such as the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, and the Grand Bazaar. Visitors can also cruise along the Bosphorus to see Istanbul’s skyline and historic waterfront mansions.
- Beirut, Lebanon: Beirut’s bus tours explore the city’s diverse neighborhoods, including the vibrant streets of Gemmayzeh and Mar Mikhael, the historic district of Downtown Beirut, and landmarks like the Mohammad Al-Amin Mosque and Pigeon Rocks.
These bus tours offer convenient and informative ways to explore the rich cultural tapestry, ancient history, and modern developments of the Middle East’s diverse destinations.